|Piquant Dill Sauce |
This sauce will add some bite to your meal.
1 T butter
1 leek, white part only, finely chopped, then thoroughly washed
1 shallot, minced
1 jalapeno chili, seeds and membranes removed, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh dill, stems removed before measuring
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 t salt
1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
3 T sour cream
1) Melt butter over medium heat in saute pan.
2) Add leek, shallot, jalapeno and garlic, sauteing about five minutes or until the leek and shallot are translucent but not brown.
3) Reduce to medium heat and add chicken stock. Simmer, uncovered,15 minutes. (Adjust heat as required to maintain simmer.) The liquid should reduce by half.
4) Remove from heat and let cool.
5) Transfer to a blender or food processor and add dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Reserve and reheat just before serving. Stir in sour cream at the last minute.