Mangos are the love child of the fruit kingdom. Their fragrant orange flesh is juicy and exotically sweet. This one's guaranteed to get the mojo going.
2 ripe mangos. Use ripe mangos. (The smell test is the most reliable way of measuring ripeness.)
2 T butter
3 T granulated sugar
2 oz. Grand Marnier
1 pint vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
1) Peel and pit mangos. Cut flesh into 1/2 inch cubes.
2) Melt butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add mango and stir occasionally for four minutes.
3) Add one tablespoon of sugar and stir for one minute, or until it's dissolved. Repeat process one tablespoon at a time with remaining sugar.
4) Pour in Grand Marnier. Let it heat five seconds. Then ignite.
5) After flames burn out, serve immediately over individual scoops of ice cream.
If you play with fire (literally or figuratively) there's always the possibility of burning the joint down. All of the preceding methods have worked for me. But remember: I'm a professional culinary adventurist. Proceed at your own risk. Take proper precautions. And be forewarned: I have no liability insurance.
Burn Baby Burn
E-Mail a Friend
Add Your Comment
Back to top