|Blazing Bananas |
The USDA recommends two to four servings of fresh fruit a day. How you eat it is your business.
3 T granulated sugar
2 T butter
2 ripe (but not overripe and mushy) bananas, peeled and sliced (as if slicing into a bowl of cereal)
2 oz. dark rum
1 pint vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
1) Add sugar to a dry saute pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally for five minutes, or until sugar has melted and turned into a smooth golden liquid.
2) Remove from heat. Stir in butter until it's melted and blended with the sugar.
3) Return pan to heat. Add bananas to the liquid and stir five minutes, or until they're soft and lightly browned.
4) Pour in rum. Let it heat five seconds. Then ignite.
5) After flames burn out, serve immediately over individual scoops of ice cream.
If you play with fire (literally or figuratively) there's always the possibility of burning the joint down. All of the preceding methods have worked for me. But remember: I'm a professional culinary adventurist. Proceed at your own risk. Take proper precautions. And be forewarned: I have no liability insurance.
Burn Baby Burn
E-Mail a Friend
Add Your Comment
Back to top